Localmotion Fall Festival of the Arts!
September 18, 2021, Depot District, Muskogee, OK
The City of Muskogee and the City of Muskogee Foundation have collaborated to create the Depot District and Depot Green in our downtown – and it has evolved into vibrant space that is attracting families and visitors to weekly and monthly events, like the Localmotion – Fall Festival of the Arts, which will reflect the ongoing arts, music, family fun—only on a larger scale.
The entire event will be a full day—September 18, 2021, 10am to 10pm—of free activities, public art, and musical entertainment. Additionally, a variety of food and beverage vendors will be onsite all day. Some additional fun things you will see at the event will be the “Play me, Muskogee!” stand-up pianos, each painted by local artists, two by MAG members Terri Postlethwait, Wren Stratton and Becky Lucht, and placed throughout the area for anyone to play.
The Three Rivers Museum will host a static display with the Muskogee Trolley bus and have the museum and gift shop open the entire day.
At the Muskogee Little Theater, the Cruisin’ Angels car and the Model T club will host a judged event, and the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame will conduct an induction ceremony beginning at 7pm followed by a live musical performance.
MAG Member Artist's Show and Sale!
Show and sell your art at Localmotion Arts Festival in the big tent!
Who: Open to MAG members
What: Here’s your chance to sell your accumulated artwork to the public during the inaugural LOCALMOTION FESTIVAL. Muskogee will have a celebration for many organizations to gather and spend a day together. There will be a public painting project for adults and kids, music, food trucks, outdoor piano painting, and art presented by the Muskogee Art Guild.
When: Saturday September 18, 2021, 10 AM – 4 PM
Where: The Depot Green
• This is an informal setting, outdoors under a tent in the Depot Green. You can take this opportunity to have your work seen by and sold to the public.
• Entry fee $10 per display panel. The panels are 35” wide, 59” tall. You can display art on both sides of the panels. Choose as many panels as are necessary for your work. Reserve panels by contacting DeAnn McDaniel no later than Wednesday September 15, at 970-318-1406 or email@example.com. Please pay $10 per panel when you deliver your work.
• IMPORTANT! Please click here to download the form to fill out for your artwork. Bring it with you to the festival and give it to the cashier.
• Bring your work to the Depot Green Saturday morning September 18 no later than 9am. Fill out the accompanying registration form, and we will label your work numerically. You are responsible for hanging your own art and taking it down.
• We ask that you stay during the show and help us with sales and customer interaction if you are displaying art.
• MAG will handle all sales. The guild will not be taking a commission, but please price your items 10% over your required price so we can pay sales tax. You will be paid 90% on all sales.
• Pickup artwork Saturday, September 18 at 4pm.
People's Choice Award!
Winner will receive a $50 gift certificate to Hobby Lobby.
Kids in Motion!
Bring your kids and grandkids to paint 4' x 8' murals!
Paint and brushes are provided. Volunteers to supervise are needed.